zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Li Zhu <zhuli.o...@gmail.com>
Subject Can zookeeper servers utilize multiple IPs on each host?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 02:20:50 GMT
Hi,

As far as I have learnt, the zookeeper configurations are all
demonstraed by a one IP per host configurations. I mean those IPs used
in:

server.1=zoo1:2888:3888
server.2=zoo2:2888:3888
server.3=zoo3:2888:3888

zoo1 zoo2 and zoo3 can only be one IP, not a list of IPs.

But it is a great concern that the cluster-maintain network may be in
trouble and all the ips one that network will be bring down or
unusable, for example, in the case of a network storm.

So is there any way to circumvent this scenario? For example, let each
host connects to  2 or 3 different networks and in the case of one
network goes down, other networks can still let the leaders and
followers communcates with each other well?

3x