zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From S C <as...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: force snapshot
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:37:12 GMT
Thank you Dayal.
Where can I get more info on SnapshotFormatter?
Thanks,SC

> From: dayal.dilli@userevents.com
> To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
> Subject: RE: force snapshot
> Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 18:18:17 +0000
>
> Your understanding is correct. snapCount is a system property with default value is 100,000.
You can also set it in the zookeeper configuration file (conf/zoo.cfg) by using the parameter
"snapCount".

> I don't understand exactly what you mean by adhoc snapshot. From my understanding, if
you want to take a snapshot early/more frequently reduce the value of snapCount. Also, you
can use SnapshotFormatter to get the data in snapshot in plain text and analyze it.

> Dayal

for troubleshooting / analysis of any issues?
> Upon looking for snapCount, I came across "zookeeper.snapCount" a system property with
default value of 100,000.  Is my understanding correct?

> Thanks,SC
>
> > From: dayal.dilli@userevents.com
> > To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: force snapshot
> > Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 14:35:02 +0000
> >
> > Change the value of snapCount in conf/zoo.cfg
> >
> > The default is 10,000.

for troubleshooting or for any Operational reasons?