zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Dayal Dilli <dayal.di...@userevents.com>
Subject RE: force snapshot
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 18:18:17 GMT
Your understanding is correct. snapCount is a system property with default value is 100,000.
You can also set it in the zookeeper configuration file (conf/zoo.cfg) by using the parameter
"snapCount".

I don't understand exactly what you mean by adhoc snapshot. From my understanding, if you
want to take a snapshot early/more frequently reduce the value of snapCount. Also, you can
use SnapshotFormatter to get the data in snapshot in plain text and analyze it.

Dayal
From: S C [asf11@outlook.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:00 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: RE: force snapshot

Dayal,
I believe you pointed the threshold. Thank you. Is there a way to take an adhoc snapshot for
troubleshooting / analysis of any issues?
Upon looking for snapCount, I came across "zookeeper.snapCount" a system property with default
value of 100,000.  Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,SC

> From: dayal.dilli@userevents.com
> To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
> Subject: RE: force snapshot
> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 14:35:02 +0000
>
> Change the value of snapCount in conf/zoo.cfg
>
> The default is 10,000.

for troubleshooting or for any Operational reasons?