zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Matt Wise <m...@nextdoor.com>
Subject ACLs Ephemeral Nodes?
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 16:30:48 GMT
Is there a way to set an ACL for an ephemeral node so that it cannot be deleted/modified by
anybody other than the unique session ID that created it? It seems like if I have the following
path layout and I set /servers so that its 'read only' to everyone, and a special digest auth
has access to create/delete/modify it, that auth also has access to delete the nodes from
it.

> /servers/server1:22
> /servers/server2:22
> /servers/server3:22

Ideally, I'd like to say that a client needs special credentials to create a node in there
(say: 'foo:bar').. but once that node is created, no other session ID can delete or change
that node. However, it seems like the ability to delete a child node rests in the permissions
of the parent directory, rather  than on that child node itself. Correct?

--Matt