zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Matt Wise <m...@nextdoor.com>
Subject Re: stunnel and zookeeper and timeouts
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2012 05:56:07 GMT
I am actually curious about how you setup the stunnel-to-stunnel connections between the servers.
Do you literally have individual stunnel connections on every single host to every other host
? ie..

hostA:2000 -> hostB:3888
hostA:2001 -> hostC:3888
hostB:2000 -> hostA:3888
hostB:2001 -> hostC:3888
hostC:2000 -> hostA:3888
hostC:2001 -> hostB:3888

I'm mainly curious how you run this operationally ... it seems rather complicated. In our
case we use stunnel between our Zookeeper clients and the Servers -- but since the Zookeeper
quorum is all in one Amazon Region, we just leverage security groups for the inter-server-communication.

--Matt

(ps, stunnel+zookeeper does work amazingly well on the client-side of things. we've been extremely
happy with that model)