zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Hasitha Abeykoon <habeykoon....@gmail.com>
Subject how to Disable Authentication of ZooKeeper
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 04:39:08 GMT
Hi,

It seems with newer version of ZooKeeper,  the Kerberos authentication
or Kerberos authentication is enforced. When I am starting Zookeeper within
our platform  now I am getting following error, and the server won't start.

 Error starting Coordination server
java.io.IOException: No JAAS configuration section named 'Server' was
foundin
'/home/hasitha/Desktop/wso2mb-2.0.1/repository/conf/security/jaas.conf'.
 at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.ServerCnxnFactory.configureSaslLogin(ServerCnxnFactory.java:194)
at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.configure(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:87)
 at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.runFromConfig(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:110)
at
org.wso2.carbon.coordination.server.CoordinationServer.run(CoordinationServer.java:81)

I do not need authentication at the moment. So I have to disable it. Is
there a way to do that?
Is there a way to do that via zoo.cfg, by editing

authProvider.1=org.apache.zookeeper.server.auth.SASLAuthenticationProvider
#requireClientAuthScheme=sasl

to have

authProvider.1=null

or something? It says

"requireClientAuthScheme=sasl is optional: if it is set to any value,
it will only allow non-authenticated clients to ping, create session,
close session, or sasl-authenticate."

But even without above line it asks for that jass.conf file.

Thanks.

--
*Hasitha Abeykoon,*
*Department of Computer Science & Engineering,*