zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From <mallikharjun.vem...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject Optimal ZooKeeper configuration for a cluster of size, N
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 09:41:53 GMT
We are using ZooKeeper 3.4.4 for our deployment. I would like to know what would be optimum
config setting for various configuration parameter viz., initLimit, syncLimit, leaderServes,
etc. As of now we are using default parameters for these parameters. But, I would like to
understand how each one of them depend on the size of the zookeeper cluster.
Say I have N servers in the cluster, I would like to know how each of these values can be
configured (in terms of N) for optimum results. Also, I would like to understand how session
timeout would effect the performance of the cluster.

In our deployment,
- we are basically using the zookeeper service to detect failures in our system.
- we are storing very minimal data in the cluster.
- we are planning to have 3 or 5 servers in the cluster.

Can anyone please throw some light on these config settings? I did go through the admin guide.
But, I would like to understand each one of them from the perspective of zookeeper cluster
size. Please help.

Thanks,
Arjun.