zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Powell <chr...@ccbilleu.com>
Subject Zookeeper + Netty + SSL + PKI
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:42:27 GMT
Hi there,

I am in the process of deploying my first system based on Zookeeper and I need to have Zookeeper
client-server communication properly authenticated and encrypted.

As far as authentication I got ACLs working fine but in regards to encryption the only plausible
technique I found was using stunnel as an SSL tunnel.

Seeing as the 3.4 version of Zookeeper now has Netty support and the documentation mentioned
that Netty supports encryption and authentication out of the box I switched to NettyServerCnxnFactory.

However the documentation is still missing as to how to actually enable encryption and authentication.

All I found in the docs is:

TBD - how to manage encryption

TBD - how to manage certificates
Can someone please offer some insight as to how I can get this working?

Thanks in advance,
Chris