zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading an ensemble from 3.3.5 to 3.4.4
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 06:08:36 GMT
That's also fine, but also not extensively tested. Many users do
rolling upgrades, but typically that would cover "one hop" server
version upgrade, but given we only do bug fixes in fix releases that
shouldn't be an issue here.

Patrick

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Jordan Zimmerman
<jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
> What about on the server side? During the upgrade period there will be a mix of 3.3.5
and 3.4.4 servers in the ensemble.

> On Oct 1, 2012, at 5:47 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Jordan Zimmerman
>> <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>>> I'd like to upgrade our ensemble from 3.3.5 to 3.4.4. Can it be done in-place/rolling?
i.e. will 3.3.5 and 3.4.4 work in the same ensemble?