zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nextdoor releases 'zk_watcher'...
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 06:01:39 GMT
Nice post, thanks for sharing Matt! (FYI
https://twitter.com/phunt/status/263520474024267776)

Patrick

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Matt Wise <matt@nextdoor.com> wrote:
> Jordan,
>   Thank you for the clarification. I've removed that reference entirely -- you're correct,
and the distinction in the post was not clear. Thank you!

> --Matt
>
> On Oct 30, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>
>> -On a side note, Netflix has its own internal service called Curator that is similar
in concept to ZooKeeper.
>> Curator is a ZooKeeper client. It's not a ZooKeeper replacement.
>>
>> -JZ
>>
>> On Oct 30, 2012, at 1:18 PM, Matt Wise <matt@nextdoor.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I work at Nextdoor.com as the Systems Architect... We've just published a new
blog entry on our Engineering Blog (http://engblog.nextdoor.com/) discussing how we use ZooKeeper
and Puppet to dynamically configure our environments as they change in the cloud. We've written
a few tools to help us do this, and we've now published them openly so that others can leverage
them as well.