zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Chan <ryanchan...@gmail.com>
Subject Cloudera Zookeeper or Daemontools Zookeeper
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:54:39 GMT
Currently I am using Cloudera Zookeeper under Ubuntu and it work fines
but according to this page:

>> The ZK server is designed to be "fail fast" meaning that it will shutdown (process
exit) if an error occurs that it cannot recover from..as the cluster is "self healing" the
failed server once restarted will automatically rejoin the ensemble w/o any manual interaction..

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_supervision

As Cloudera is using the old style init script (not even upstart), so
does it mean that  by replacing it with a upstart script with respawn
or even Daemontools will make my Zookeeper installation more robust?

Thanks.