zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Some questions about Watches
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 08:39:31 GMT
Hi Rohan,

that sets
another watcher w' for a specific znode, will both w and w' get called if
the znode changes?

Default watcher w will only carry the zookeeper session states Disconnected, Expired, SyncConnected,
AuthFailed etc events. This Watcher is notified when any state change occurs in the client
for example, when you successfully establish a connection, this watcher will receive a SyncConnected
event or if the client's session expires will trigger Expired etc.

w' is specially meant for watching the znode and here the default watcher w will not receive
notification on znode changes. But he will recieve state changes as explained below.

notified
of the session expiry or just w?

Here both w and w'  will be notified and sequence will be first disconnect event, then expiry
event.

-Rakesh