zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From n keywal <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Millions of opened connections to Zookeeper cluster possible?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:31:17 GMT
Hi Martin,

FYI, there is ZOOKEEPER-1147 which was supposed to target a relatively
close objective:
"We are planning on having about a 1 million clients connect to a ZooKeeper
ensemble through a set of 50-100 observers. Majority of these clients are
read only - ie they do not do any updates or create ephemeral nodes."

It's not exactly the same as yours, as some of the clients are pure
listeners: they never write.

The JIRA was not discussed that much, but someone assigned to himself 2
months ago, so may be something new will happen soon?

Cheers,

Nicolas