zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Kathleen Ting <kathl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About initLimit and syncLimit
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:19:00 GMT
Charles,

initLimit measures how much time we anticipate the bootstrapping to
need whereas syncLimit controls how far behind the Followers can fall
behind the Leader. Sounds like you might be hitting ZOOKEEPER-1521. As
a result, can you try increasing both initLimit and syncLimit on all
ZK servers and then restarting?

Regards, Kathleen

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM, charles charles
<charles1104@outlook.com> wrote:
> initLimit
>    Amount of time, in ticks (see tickTime), to allow followers to connect and sync to
a leader. Increased this value as needed, if the amount of data managed by ZooKeeper is large.

> syncLimit
>    Amount of time, in ticks (see tickTime), to allow followers to sync with ZooKeeper.
If followers fall too far behind a leader, they will be dropped.          In zookeeper config
file zoo.cfg, we can config above two parameters, but just from above description, I can't
know the difference between initLimit and syncLimit.      Anyone can help me, tell me more
about them, since my server can't come up, maybe, reson in in these two parameters.