zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Tuan Luu <t...@aptos.in>
Subject Some questions about Zookeeper and how it connects to NoSQL database.
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:14:54 GMT
Dear,

I'm new to Zookeeper and I'm still not sure how it works with database
system.

Thus I have some questions and I hope you can help me with them.

1. Is every server in Zookeeper system also have a copy of database? So
every time a server starts, if will connect to database and download
everything to its local memory?Or each server in Zookeeper system is also a
database itself?

2. What would happen if size of database is bigger then disk size of
Zookeeper server?

3. Is it possible for me to connect Zookeeper system to my NoSQL Cassandra
database? I really don't understand how the system will work! When a read
request comes, what is the execution flow between Zookeeper and Cassandra
database?

Thank you very much.

*Kind Regards,*

*Tuan, Luu Dinh*