zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Peter Litvak <peter.lit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is it possible to run multiple servers on the same machine and have data replication working?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 21:02:02 GMT
Well, I actually had to create three server.x entries in the config since
it wouldn't start with just two.
Maybe the problem is in that even though I have three entries I'm starting
only two server instances.
So basically config has (as suggested by getting started guide):
server.1=localhost:2887:3887
server.2=localhost:2888:3888
server.3=localhost:2889:3889

I also have two different data dirs with myid (1 and 2).
And then I start two servers using this config.
I then have a program that starts one client connected to the first
server which creates a node and immediately start the another client that
connects to the second server and checks for an existence of that node and
it fails.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com