zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From charles charles <charles1...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: About initLimit and syncLimit
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 23:52:14 GMT
Thx, kathleen. This is my understanding. If I config initLimit=10 and syncLimit=3, so as follow:
1. Leader will wait for follow 10*tickTime to do such things: connect to leader,  and sync
the lasted data from leader. But, if the time follow load snap data from local disk is included
in 10*tickTime?

  Load snap data from local disk

  Conn to leader

  Sync lasted data from leader

   A: load snap data from local disk,B: conn to leaderC: sync lasted data from leader. Maybe,
you can tell me,  10*tickTime includes whick part? A   or  B+C or A+B+C 2. While in runtime,
if follow's state too far behind a leadr, even to 3*tickTime, the follow will be dropped.
 Others, please check my understanding, thx!  Charles
 > Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:19:00 -0500
> Subject: Re: About initLimit and syncLimit
> From: kathleen@apache.org
> To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
>
> Charles,
>
> initLimit measures how much time we anticipate the bootstrapping to
> need whereas syncLimit controls how far behind the Followers can fall
> behind the Leader. Sounds like you might be hitting ZOOKEEPER-1521. As
> a result, can you try increasing both initLimit and syncLimit on all
> ZK servers and then restarting?
>
> Regards, Kathleen
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM, charles charles
> <charles1104@outlook.com> wrote:
> > initLimit
> >    Amount of time, in ticks (see tickTime), to allow followers to connect and sync
to a leader. Increased this value as needed, if the amount of data managed by ZooKeeper is
large.

> > syncLimit
> >    Amount of time, in ticks (see tickTime), to allow followers to sync with ZooKeeper.
If followers fall too far behind a leader, they will be dropped.          In zookeeper config
file zoo.cfg, we can config above two parameters, but just from above description, I can't
know the difference between initLimit and syncLimit.      Anyone can help me, tell me more
about them, since my server can't come up, maybe, reson in in these two parameters.