zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From charles charles <charles1...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: About initLimit and syncLimit
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 23:59:22 GMT
Oh,I'm sorry for my dirty format! Thx, kathleen.  This is my understanding.  If I config
initLimit=10 and syncLimit=3, so as follow 2 point:  1. Leader will wait for follow 10*tickTime
to do such things: connect to leader,  and sync the lasted data from leader. But, if the time
follow load snap data from local disk is included in 10*tickTime?  A.  Load snap data from
local disk-->B.Conn to leader-->C.  Sync lasted data from leader Maybe, you can tell
me,  10*tickTime includes whick part? A   or  B+C or A+B+C   2. While in runtime, if follow's
state too far behind a leadr, even to 3*tickTime, the follow will be dropped.   Others, please
check my understanding,  thx!  Charles
 > From: charles1104@outlook.com
> To: user@zookeeper.apache.org; kathleen@apache.org
> Subject: RE: About initLimit and syncLimit
> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:52:14 -0700
>
> Thx, kathleen. This is my understanding. If I config initLimit=10 and syncLimit=3, so
as follow: 1. Leader will wait for follow 10*tickTime to do such things: connect to leader,
 and sync the lasted data from leader. But, if the time follow load snap data from local disk
is included in 10*tickTime?

>   Load snap data from local disk
>

>   Conn to leader
>

>   Sync lasted data from leader
>

>    A: load snap data from local disk,B: conn to leaderC: sync lasted data from leader.
Maybe, you can tell me,  10*tickTime includes whick part? A   or  B+C or A+B+C 2. While in
runtime, if follow's state too far behind a leadr, even to 3*tickTime, the follow will be
dropped.  Others, please check my understanding, thx!  Charles
>  > Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:19:00 -0500
> > Subject: Re: About initLimit and syncLimit
> > From: kathleen@apache.org
> > To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
> >
> > Charles,
> >
> > initLimit measures how much time we anticipate the bootstrapping to
> > need whereas syncLimit controls how far behind the Followers can fall
> > behind the Leader. Sounds like you might be hitting ZOOKEEPER-1521. As
> > a result, can you try increasing both initLimit and syncLimit on all
> > ZK servers and then restarting?
> >
> > Regards, Kathleen
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM, charles charles
> > <charles1104@outlook.com> wrote:
> > > initLimit
> > >    Amount of time, in ticks (see tickTime), to allow followers to connect and
sync to a leader. Increased this value as needed, if the amount of data managed by ZooKeeper
is large.

> > > syncLimit
> > >    Amount of time, in ticks (see tickTime), to allow followers to sync with
ZooKeeper. If followers fall too far behind a leader, they will be dropped.          In zookeeper
config file zoo.cfg, we can config above two parameters, but just from above description,
I can't know the difference between initLimit and syncLimit.      Anyone can help me, tell
me more about them, since my server can't come up, maybe, reson in in these two parameters.