zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From charles charles <charles1...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: About initLimit and syncLimit
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:30:48 GMT
initLimit
   Amount of time, in ticks (see tickTime), to allow followers to connect and sync to a leader.
Increased this value as needed, if the amount of data managed by ZooKeeper is large.

syncLimit
   Amount of time, in ticks (see tickTime), to allow followers to sync with ZooKeeper. If
followers fall too far behind a leader, they will be dropped.          In zookeeper config
file zoo.cfg, we can config above two parameters, but just from above description, I can't
know the difference between initLimit and syncLimit.      Anyone can help me, tell me more
about them, since my server can't come up, maybe, reson in in these two parameters.

   Thx! Charles