zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Testing expired sessions bug?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:39:13 GMT
Hi Ben,

The C binding currently does not support creating multiple connections
with the same session id. Sorry this was not stated in the
documentation. Please open a jira for this, and patches are always
welcome :)

--Michi

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Ben Bangert <ben@groovie.org> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jzimmerman@netflix.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, it watches the bogus node but it also blocks until the second ZK instance successfully
connects. I found that both of these things are necessary for reliable session killing.

> Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help in Python. I've set the second ZK instance to
wait up to 30 seconds for a connection, and it never gets anything other than a EXPIRED_SESSION_STATE
during its connection attempts. The second ZK instance is completely unable to connect using
the sessionid/password of the first client. The first client never gets booted during these
attempts, thus my original note on a possible bug either in:
> 1. Zookeeper
> 2. Zookeeper C binding
> 3. Zookeeper Python C binding
>
> If you can run your session killing code in a repeating test hundreds of times without
the second ZK instance ever timing out on its connection attempts, it seems its probably a
bug in 2 or 3.