zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ben Bangert <...@groovie.org>
Subject Re: Testing expired sessions bug?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:18:38 GMT
On Aug 21, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jzimmerman@netflix.com> wrote:

> Yes, it watches the bogus node but it also blocks until the second ZK instance successfully
connects. I found that both of these things are necessary for reliable session killing.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help in Python. I've set the second ZK instance to wait
up to 30 seconds for a connection, and it never gets anything other than a EXPIRED_SESSION_STATE
during its connection attempts. The second ZK instance is completely unable to connect using
the sessionid/password of the first client. The first client never gets booted during these
attempts, thus my original note on a possible bug either in:
1. Zookeeper
2. Zookeeper C binding
3. Zookeeper Python C binding

If you can run your session killing code in a repeating test hundreds of times without the
second ZK instance ever timing out on its connection attempts, it seems its probably a bug
in 2 or 3.

Cheers,
Ben