zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ben Bangert <...@groovie.org>
Subject Re: Testing expired sessions bug?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 00:56:07 GMT
On Aug 21, 2012, at 4:31 PM, Michi Mutsuzaki <michi@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> That might work, but I couldn't say for sure since I haven't tried
> that myself. Please give it a shot and let us know!

So the C binding doesn't work when loading a session ID if another process on the same computer
is already using that? How come the tests pass most of the time?

It'd help a lot for us to look into patching this if we had some overview of why the C binding
is managing state in an apparently global way such that two clients with the same session
ID can't connect from the same computer... some of the time.

I switched my unit tests to spinning up a separate process that connects and closes the file
handle in a separate process, which dropped how often this occurs a little more, but not completely.

Cheers,
Ben