zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: zookeeper heap size configuration
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:02:54 GMT
simple answer: "it's complicated". :-)

longer:

It depends on java version, 32 vs 64 bit, as well as
the amount of memory available on the box you've deployed to, see the
section "Garbage collection improvements"
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/6u18-142093.html

I find jmap to be a useful tool to verify - you can run "sudo jmap
-heap <pid>" on a running jvm and verify your calculations. The output
will include the max heap size.

Patrick