zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From David Nickerson <davidnickerson4mailingli...@gmail.com>
Subject NullPointerException
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 20:00:07 GMT
I keep getting a null pointer exception when constructing a ZooKeeper
object (with a session ID and password) that is connecting to a standalone
embedded ZooKeeper server on the same machine. I'm positive that none of
the arguments that I pass are null. Doing a quick Google search, it seems
like this may be a Java bug, exasperated by my starting an embedded
ZooKeeper server and a ZooKeeper client at nearly the same time.

However, it is my experience that I tend to make mistakes. Therefore I'm
asking, does this look like an error that ZooKeeper expects to throw when
the user does something wrong?

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at sun.nio.ch.Util.atBugLevel(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorProvider.openSelector(Unknown Source)
        at java.nio.channels.Selector.open(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.<init>(ClientCnxn.java:692)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn.<init>(ClientCnxn.java:391)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.<init>(ZooKeeper.java:451)