zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From David Nickerson <davidnickerson4mailingli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Observers be reconfigured in a DR situation?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:31:33 GMT
Hi Raj,

I've been considering this same solution for my project. Let's say that the
secondary DC automatically makes its own quorum when it can no-longer see
the primary. Then you have a case where a network partition can result in
your quorum splitting into two autonomously running quorums. (ZooKeeper's
majority rule exists to prevent this situation.) Just make sure that you
have some additional logic that invalidates the primary once it can
no-longer be found.