zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From David Nickerson <davidnickerson4mailingli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Build ZooKeeper
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:30:05 GMT
In the configuration for the build.xml file, I added the JRE VM argument
-ant.build.javac.source="1.5", and got this result:

    [javac] Compiling 13 source files to
C:\Users\dnickerson\workspace\ZooKeeper-3.3.5\build\classes
    [javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction
with -source 1.5
    [javac]
C:\Users\dnickerson\workspace\ZooKeeper-3.3.5\src\java\main\org\apache\zookeeper\server\quorum\CommitProcessor.java:155:
error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.5
    [javac]         } catch (InterruptedException |
RequestProcessorException ex) {
    [javac]                                       ^
    [javac]   (use -source 7 or higher to enable multi-catch statement)
    [javac] 1 error
    [javac] 1 warning

I really don't understand how ZooKeeper uses Java 7 features and expects to
target Java 1.5.