zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Narayanan A R <narayanan.arunacha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZK not starting up due to socket timeouts
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:31:55 GMT
Fixed the problem. It had to do with the leap second bug. Ran the following
command on all the three servers and is now working fine.

date;/etc/init.d/ntp stop;/etc/init.d/ntpd stop; date `date
+"%m%d%H%M%C%y.%S"`;/etc/init.d/ntp start;/etc/init.d/ntpd start

You can find some overview of this problem here:
http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/07/leap-second-bug-wreaks-havoc-with-java-linux/