zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Will Johnson <w...@attivio.com>
Subject multiple zookeepers - same data directory
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 16:53:36 GMT
We recently ran into an issue where two zookeepers servers which were a part of two separate
quorums were configured to use the same data directory.  Interestingly, the zookeeper servers
did not seem to complain and both seemed to work fine until one of them was restarted.  Once
that happened all sort of chaos ensued.  I understand that this is a misconfiguration should
zookeeper complain about this or do users need to protect themselves in some external fashion?
 Is a simple file lock enough or are there other things I should take into consideration if
it's up to me to handle?

I'm happy to file a jira for this as I didn't see any doc related to it but I wanted to see
if I missed something first.

-          will