zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jack Luo <j...@rim.com>
Subject RE: How is watcher client notified once writer client is disconnected?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:46:03 GMT
Thanks!

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordan Zimmerman [mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 11:41 AM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: How is watcher client notified once writer client is disconnected?

The writer could create an ephemeral node. Interested clients would
watch it for deletion.

====================
Jordan Zimmerman

On Jul 5, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Jack Luo <jluo@rim.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am using Zookeeper for a distributed project. This project  includes  one writer client,
which updates the specific znode data every 5 minutes,  and 500 watcher clients, which monitor
the specific znode and retrieve the updated data once change notification is received.
> One of project requirements is that watcher clients should be notified immediately once
writer client is disconnected.  I have checked the ZooKeeper online documents and cann't find
a way to do it. Any idea on how to implement this feature?
> Thanks f or your time and help in advance!
> Jack

> This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged
and may be unlawful.

and may be unlawful.