zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jack Luo <j...@rim.com>
Subject How is watcher client notified once writer client is disconnected?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 14:24:16 GMT
Hi All,
I am using Zookeeper for a distributed project. This project  includes  one writer client,
which updates the specific znode data every 5 minutes,  and 500 watcher clients, which monitor
the specific znode and retrieve the updated data once change notification is received.
One of project requirements is that watcher clients should be notified immediately once writer
client is disconnected.  I have checked the ZooKeeper online documents and cann't find a way
to do it. Any idea on how to implement this feature?
Thanks f or your time and help in advance!
Jack

and may be unlawful.