zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From George Neville-Neil <...@freebsd.org>
Subject zookeeper supported on FreeBSD and in the ports collection...
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 03:53:53 GMT
Hi,

I noticed on this page: http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html

that FreeBSD was listed as being supported only as a client due to a problem with
the JVM on FreeBSD.

As of Friday zookeeper is fully supported on FreeBSD, using openjdk version 7
and I have created a port for it in our ports collection:

http://www.freshports.org/devel/zookeeper/

The zookeeper port tracks the stable release at the moment and in the near future to track
the
current release, as the plain zookeeper port tracks the stable.

Please update your documentation to reflect this change in support.

Best,
George Neville-Neil
gnn@freebsd.org