zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Charith Wickramarachchi <charith.dhanus...@gmail.com>
Subject Sequential Id generation with Zookeeper - Tips to improve performance
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 04:20:11 GMT
Hi All ,

I'm evaluating Apache Zookeepers to use in my project where i have a
requirement to generate unique and sequential message ids(long) across a
cluster.
After some  web search  i found[1] and some other different suggestions. I
started with the solution suggested in [1] but even with single client  i
only got a throughput around 20-30 ids/sec. But according to the
performance numbers pointed in the website i think i should be able get
better results ( i m expecting to get at least 1000 id/s as i m using this
for a MoM where for each message i'll be calling zk id generator.)

In this case I m using ZK version 3.3.4 running in my local machine with
default settings and client also running in the same machine. I m attaching
my id generator class.

Any tips to improve the performance of this is highly appreciated. Am i
doing some thing wrong ?

[1]
http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/Unique-Id-Generation-td2688494.html

cheers,