zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper question
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 22:09:30 GMT
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Bogdan Odobas <bodobas@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi and thank you for help with this issue:
> I have this piece of code:
> @Overridepublic void process(WatchedEvent event) {               if(Event.KeeperState.Disconnected
== event.getState()){//      Client is not connected to any server in the ensemble   System.err.println(">>>Disconnected<<<");
      System.err.println( zk.getState());...//    Here I have code that async waits for
a bit then closes the ZK if it cannot reconnect after a few attempts, because I only need
ZK to read some configuration. If not available, the config is read from a property file.
I don't want to try and keep reconnecting//start a new thread//in this thread, check if  zk.getState()
is not connected still.//if still not connected, wait for 10 seconds//if notified, means connected//if
the wait() time is up, it means not connected still. Close ZK}
> The System.err.println( zk.getState()); prints "CONNECTED"
> In other words, I get a disconnected event, but the ZK shows connected. So when the run()
method of the thread is entered, the first statement (if ( zk.getState()!= closed))  returns
true and it skips the rest.
> Why ZK state is connected if I just got notified about a disconnect? Can I do something
to flush the state?
> Thanks...

I'm having trouble making heads/tails of this because of the
formatting, could you fix the formatting? Or perhaps use gist (etc..)
to post.

Regards,

Patrick