zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From David Nickerson <davidnickerson4mailingli...@gmail.com>
Subject Which ZooKeeper errors can I recover from by retrying?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:02:13 GMT
Let's say I'm trying to create a non-sequential znode. The create method
throws a KeeperException, which means it could be any of these:

KeeperException
APIErrorException
AuthFailedException
BadArgumentsException
BadVersionException
ConnectionLossException
DataInconsistencyException
InvalidACLException
InvalidCallbackException
MarshallingErrorException
NoAuthException
NoChildrenForEphemeralsException
NodeExistsException
NoNodeException
NotEmptyException
OperationTimeoutException
RuntimeInconsistencyException
SessionExpiredException
SessionMovedException
SystemErrorException
UnimplementedException

I'm trying to figure out which ones I can recover from by trying again
until it works. It looks like I should try again if I get any
of ConnectionLossException, OperationTimeoutException,
or SessionMovedException. Am I correct in this? Are there any other
exceptions that mean I should try again?