zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Sam Tunnicliffe <...@beobal.com>
Subject Re: Sequential Id generation with Zookeeper - Tips to improve performance
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:17:17 GMT
Hi Charith,

can you partition your counters somehow, rather than having a single
global counter? This would let you use multiple znodes, reducing
contention during the setData call.
We use almost exactly the same approach as you in our zookeeper backed
sequence server[1] but with sharded counters and haven't had any
issues with throughput (sorry, I don't have perf numbers to hand, but
peak load pushes a few hundred r/s through)

Cheers,
Sam

[1] https://github.com/talis/H1