zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Raj N <raj.cassan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: forceSync=no
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:45:41 GMT
Thanks Patrick. So back to my original question. Will forceSync=no cause a
zookeeper node to not start up cleanly if it crashed? It doesn't happen all
the time. But it happened to me once. I had to cleanup all the transaction
logs on all the nodes and then bring the nodes back up. For my use case I
can tolerate losing data in the worst case scenario since I can regenerate
all the data. But I should be able to tolerate a single point of failure as
long as the node comes back up cleanly. Can zookeeper recover from a
corrupt transaction log using existing snapshots and then replaying
messages from its peers?

Thanks
-Raj