zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Ward <m...@pixelpipe.com>
Subject Understanding Load on Zookeeper Box
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 22:42:49 GMT
I have a couple theories and questions I was hoping to clear up (all java based 3.3.4):
1) I have been trying to troubleshoot the reason for high system wait time on one of our zookeeper
instances. The theory I have is that setting watches increases the system wait load. Does
this theory sound accurate?
2) Question 2 is a follow up to the first... whenever I do a watch and wait for the event,
I have an 'insurance policy' (since AWS is fun...) of setting a mutex with a timeout, before
retrying the operation and potentially setting another watch. How does zookeeper handle duplicate
watches? Am I exacerbating the system wait load issue by setting duplicate watches? If there
a way I should cancel the watch?

Thanks For the Insight,
Matt