zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cluster member was switched to standalone, detectable?
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 19:05:59 GMT
That would detect it, I don't think it's avoidable in the sense that
we can't detect that type of mis-configuration and somehow handle it
(ie stop). Your best bet would be to automate the process (and test
that ahead of time), or bring up the new server with the client port
set to something previously unused, then verify, then restart it with
the client port set as it was originally. I often do this when
debugging issues. (but that itself might cause problems wrt config
typos). Another option is to use iptables (etc...) to turn off access
to clients until you've verified the server joined the quorum
correctly, then turn off the filter.

Patrick