zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exceeded deadline by 16ms
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 22:23:31 GMT
The deadline exceeded messages are generated by select - the client
will select(timeout). If the requested timeout is exceeded by more
than 10ms then that message is printed. Often this will happen in a
virtualized client environment (not the case here from what you are
saying), or an overloaded OS, etc...

You are running 12 client processes, where the client code expects a
10second session timeout (so heartbeat responses w/in 3.3 seconds)
along three vms running three servers all on the same laptop, it's
likely that you are overloaded.

Patrick