zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Camille Fournier <cami...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distribution Problems With Multiple Zookeeper Clients
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 22:22:01 GMT
You can put random sleeps in after you get a notification before you try to
grab the lock, or sleeps based on the active job count, to favor workers
with no or few jobs in flight. It seems to me that if you have limited the
jobs able to be processed on a worker by limiting your thread pool
appropriately, and if you still aren't hitting all 30 servers, maybe you
don't need 30 servers to be doing these jobs? Is that possible?