zookeeper-user mailing list archives

Subject Zookeeper multiserver setup?
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 21:31:14 GMT
Hello,

Trying to follow directions from here:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetup

to setup a cluster of zookeepers.

Questions:

1)  If everything is setup correctly, do I have to go to each machine and
start Zookeeper server in each of them individually?
2)  I was thinking if I start it on one master machine (well there's no
real master) then all zookeepers in the quorum would be started, but this
is not how it works correct?
3)  If I start individually, then I get messages saying the other
zookeepers haven't started.  Is that just a warning?
4)  When all of them are started, would they all be able to talk to each
other?

Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks for the help.