zookeeper-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Zookeeper multiserver setup?
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 22:13:24 GMT
We have a cluster of 17 machines.  Somewhere in the HBase documentation I
read - usually we should divide by 2 & use an odd number.  May be I
mis-read.  That's why I started Zookeeper on 9 machines.  I guess, I don't
understand the difference between Nodes & Instance.  I expected ZKNodes to
be 9.  Please explain.  Thanks a lot for your help.