zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Camille Fournier <cami...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to recover previous watcher & event after "session expired"
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 22:20:40 GMT
I'm not sure what you mean in question #1. A session expired event
generally causes the client to become completely invalid, you could
wrap the client in your own logic to record what you were watching,
but I don't think you can get that out of the client after it's
expired.

2. You won't be able to see events that happened when the session was
expired. The server has closed your connection and won't know to send
you events unless you have a valid session with a valid watch.

3. Reconnect won't work on expired sessions, you need to create an
entirely new session. Reconnect works when you get disconnected but
not expired.

Hope that helps