zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject sasl authentication is given to the user during create nodes, node deletion is happening with 'delete' cmd
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 10:49:48 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to use the ZooKeeper sasl. Actually I'm a bit confused when using the delete command.

Say, I have created two znodes:

 'app1' directly under '/' with hbase/host-10-18-40-40.hadoop.com@HADOOP.COM<mailto:hbase/host-10-18-40-40.hadoop.com@HADOOP.COM>
 'app2' directly under '/' with hbase/host-10-18-40-40.hadoop.com@HADOOP.COM<mailto:hbase/host-10-18-40-40.hadoop.com@HADOOP.COM>

Now, I have logged in as zkcli/host-10-18-40-40.hadoop.com@HADOOP.COM<mailto:zkcli/host-10-18-40-40.hadoop.com@HADOOP.COM>
and this is not given as super user. When I tried to delete the znodes '/app1' and '/app2',
it is allowing and not authenticating.

Here, I'm thinking that 'zkcli' will not have the access to delete these two nodes.

Is this a problem or anything I'm missing. Can you please help me to resolve this and how
the security can be applied here.

Thanks,
Rakesh