zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Narasimha Tadepalli <Narasimha.Tadepa...@pervasive.com>
Subject Distribution Problems With Multiple Zookeeper Clients
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 17:29:01 GMT
Dear All

We have a situation where messages are not distributed equally when we have multiple clients
listening to one zookeeper cluster. Say we have 30 client instances listing to one cluster
and when 1000 messages submitted in 30 mins to cluster I assume each client approximately
supposed to receive 33 messages. But out of 30 only 10 client instances taking max load and
rest of them getting very low volume of messages. Is it something can be configurable in zookeeper
settings or need to implement some custom solution at our end to distribute equally? Before
I reinvent the wheel looking around for some suggestions if any of you faced similar situation.

Thanks
Narasimha