zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Ward <m...@pixelpipe.com>
Subject Re: Understanding Load on Zookeeper Box
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 00:39:52 GMT
Sorry dyslexic moment, for Zookeeper 3.4.3.

On May 24, 2012, at 3:42 PM, Matthew Ward wrote:

> I have a couple theories and questions I was hoping to clear up (all java based 3.3.4):
> 1) I have been trying to troubleshoot the reason for high system wait time on one of
our zookeeper instances. The theory I have is that setting watches increases the system wait
load. Does this theory sound accurate?
> 2) Question 2 is a follow up to the first... whenever I do a watch and wait for the event,
I have an 'insurance policy' (since AWS is fun...) of setting a mutex with a timeout, before
retrying the operation and potentially setting another watch. How does zookeeper handle duplicate
watches? Am I exacerbating the system wait load issue by setting duplicate watches? If there
a way I should cancel the watch?