zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From guru singh <grsingh...@gmail.com>
Subject ImportError zookeeper python binding
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:21:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to zookeeper. I want use it to build a master-election service
for redis.
There is a python binding in the contrib/ folder. I followed all the
steps in the README,
the module installs but when I try to import zookeeper, I get this error:

ImportError: libzookeeper_mt.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory.

I looked through the archives and noticed others had this problem way back.
These are the steps I took :

1) download and untar zookeeper-3.3.5
2) cd zookeeper-3.3.5/
3) ant
4) cd zookeeper-3.3.5/src/c
5) autoreconf -if
6) ./configure
7) make && make install
8) cd zookeeper-3.3.5/src/contrib/zkpython
9) ant install
If i run 'ant test' here I get no errors either.

 libzookeeper_mt.so.2 is in /usr/local/lib/

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is anybody else using the python
binding included with zookeeper-3.3.5?

Thanks
gurteshwar