zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jzimmer...@netflix.com>
Subject RE: Are curator framework consumers single threaded?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 08:02:04 GMT
The ListenerContainer for PathChildrenCache allows you to pass an Executor along with your
listener. So, that will give you the desired behavior. DistributedQueue is _supposed_ to allow
this as well, but it looks like it doesn't. I view that as a bug. If you don't mind, please
post an issue on this here:

https://github.com/Netflix/curator/issues

-JZ

From: Amirhossein Kiani [amirhkiani@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 8:18 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Are curator framework consumers single threaded?

Hi Jordan,

First of all, thanks a lot for all the great work on Curator! I have started using it and
it is amazingly simplifying my code!

I have just ran into this issue recently that I am using a Distributed Queue, a Path Cache
and a Distributed Double Barrier in my code, and having some difficulties. I'm trying to run
everything with the test framework Curator provides and it seems like when I enter() the barrier
in one of my objects the other one (that is using a different client) is also blocked.
Is there a way to have the Queue consumer object as well as Event listeners for the Path Cache
start in new threads?

Many thanks,
Amir