zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jzimmer...@netflix.com>
Subject Cool news on the Curator/Exhibitor front - rolling release/upgrade
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:32:04 GMT
I'm pretty excited about this one so I want to pre-annouce it. I'm currently working on rolling
release/upgrade support in Exhibitor and Curator.

For Exhibitor:
    * Ensemble list, config values, etc. are centralized (via Amazon S3, a shared file, etc.)
    * If the ensemble list changes, Exhibitor will stage the change so that each instance
in the ensemble
       applies the change one at a time, thus accomplishing a rolling release
    * New servers can be added to the ensemble this way without taking down the cluster

For Curator:
    * Curator can now be configured to poll the Exhibitor instances to get the list of ZK
servers in the ensemble
    * Curator will use the updated ensemble list when creating connections.
    * If a Sys-Disconnected is received and there is a new ensemble list, Curator will close
the current ZK
       handle and create a new one using the updated list.

Coming soon!

-Jordan