zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Shelley, Ryan" <Ryan.Shel...@disney.com>
Subject Unable to restart ZK
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:47:07 GMT
I was playing with Finagle which uses ZK, however, after shutting down my ZK instance, it won't
start back up again:

2012-03-08 15:44:39,427 [myid:] - INFO  [main:ZooKeeperServer@733] - tickTime set to 2000
2012-03-08 15:44:39,427 [myid:] - INFO  [main:ZooKeeperServer@742] - minSessionTimeout set
to -1
2012-03-08 15:44:39,427 [myid:] - INFO  [main:ZooKeeperServer@751] - maxSessionTimeout set
to -1
2012-03-08 15:44:39,441 [myid:] - INFO  [main:NIOServerCnxnFactory@110] - binding to port
0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181
2012-03-08 15:44:39,467 [myid:] - ERROR [main:FileTxnSnapLog@208] - Parent /twitter/services
missing for /twitter/services/testService
2012-03-08 15:44:39,468 [myid:] - ERROR [main:ZooKeeperServerMain@63] - Unexpected exception,
exiting abnormally
java.io.IOException: Failed to process transaction type: 1 error: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode
for /twitter/services
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog.restore(FileTxnSnapLog.java:151)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZKDatabase.loadDataBase(ZKDatabase.java:223)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer.loadData(ZooKeeperServer.java:259)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer.startdata(ZooKeeperServer.java:386)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.startup(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:138)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.runFromConfig(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:112)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.initializeAndRun(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:86)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.main(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:52)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:116)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:78)
Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode
for /twitter/services
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog.processTransaction(FileTxnSnapLog.java:209)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog.restore(FileTxnSnapLog.java:149)
... 9 more

I'm not sure where the data file is that I could use to purge things. Suggestions?

-Ryan